This year almost 20 men from our diocese are in seminary formation programs in preparation for priestly ministry. Is God calling you to join them?
Each young man in formation is open to how God is calling them to grow and mature in preparation for the life of priesthood. They are men who enjoy life to the fullest.
If you believe you have heard God calling you to become a priest, like the prophet Samuel (1 Sam. 3:1-10) or the apostle Andrew (John 1:31-40), don’t ignore it. Instead bring it to prayer and reflect on what this special invitation might mean for you.
Questions you might consider in prayer include:
- Am I willing to serve God with a generous heart?
- When I hear the Word of God, do I want to share it with others?
- Is the desire to be a priest something that I keep feeling in my heart over and over again?
- Do I have a deep love and reverence for the holy Eucharist and the sacraments of the Church?
- Have others encouraged me to consider the priesthood?
- What are the qualities of priests I admire?
- Can I picture myself as a priest, who is called to serve God’s people?
If you feel that everything said here describes you and your life, contact Director of Priestly Vocations Rev. Stephen J. Durkee to learn more.
Fr. Stephen's Scoreboard
A blog from the Office of Vocations
What do the woman caught in adultery, St. Peter and Bartimaeus the blind man all…